The Ocean Hearing Care Advantage
Depending on the cause of your hearing loss, you may require medical therapy, surgical treatment, or hearing aid amplification. After history, physical examination and diagnostic testing, you may be referred back to your physician for consideration of medical or surgical intervention, or recommended for a trial with appropriate amplification.
Common Medical Conditions That Produce Hearing Loss Listed Below:
- CERUMEN (ear wax impaction)
- ear canal disease (chronic infection or exostoses (abnormal bone growth)
- EAR DRUM ABNORMALITIES
- OSSICULAR (MIDDLE EAR BONE) DISEASE
- OTOSCLEROSIS [stiffening of the
ossicular chain (middle ear bones)]
- Acoustic Neuroma
- Chronic infection of the outer ear, middle ear, and/or mastoid will require medical or surgical treatment and follow up.
- AGING (Presbycusis) is most common cause of hearing loss.
- ACOUSTIC TRAUMA (excess noise exposure)
- OTOTOXICITY (Drugs,or medications may result in hearing loss)
- NEURAL DEGENERATION (Central nervous system disorders and cognitive decline)
THE DOCTORS AT OCEAN HEARING CARE CAN PROVIDE EXPERT DIAGNOSIS, MEDICAL OR SURGICAL INTERVENTION WHEN NECESSARY, AND THE MOST ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS IN HEARING CARE AND RESTORATION.